1. Take a huge salad bowl and add the cooked pasta to it.
2. Toss in all the blanched and fresh veggies, cheeses, black beans and mix well.
3. In a bowl, combine the Italian dressing and balsamic vinegar and stir to blend.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad in the bowl.
5. Use prongs or two large spoons to toss the salad until everything is coated with the dressing.
6. This salad can be served warm or cold as an appetizer or a whole meal.
This salad literally screams Spring and Summer! Whole wheat penne tossed with spring vegetables, such as broccoli, bell peppers, green beans, mushrooms and cauliflower, along with black beans, salty feta cheese and bocconcini. This is a healthy approach to great-tasting Italian food that celebrates the season. This is a great cook-out or pot luck dish and also great for a light and healthy spring/summer meal.