Baked Goat Cheese Salad and Walnut Honey Sauced Brownie
|For the baked goat cheese salad|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce, slice|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|For the salad|
|Salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried figs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnut pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the walnut honey sauced fudge brownie|
|Fudge brownie||30 Gram|
|Walnut pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lavender buds||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
FOR THE BAKED GOAT CHEESE SALAD
1. Cut the goat cheese into ¼ inch thick slices, set aside.
2. Roughly chop fresh salad greens, set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Season the bread crumbs with powdered Italian seasoning.
6. Brush the goat cheese with walnut oil and coat it with seasoned bread crumbs, place it on the baking sheet ¼ an inch apart.
7. Bake the cheese for 7-8 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. In the meantime make the vinaigrette dressing, in a bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and powdered Italian seasoning. Whisk and adjust seasoning.
9. Place salad greens on a salad plate and spread walnut pieces over it, and figs to the sides.
10. Once the goat cheese is ready remove and let it rest for few minutes.
11. Pour the vinaigrette then place baked goat cheese medallions to the side of the plate.
12. Sprinkle lavender buds on top and serve the Baked Goat Cheese Salad along with your meal.
FOR THE WALNUT HONEY SAUCED BROWNIE
1. In a small pan, add walnuts and toast the on medium heat for 1- 1 ½ minute.
2. Reduce the heat and add walnut oil and honey, stir everything well.
3. Remove from the heat and let it rest.
4. Place the brownie in a serving plate top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and pour hot walnut honey sauce on top.
5. Serve the Walnut Honey Sauced Brownie after a hearty meal.
To make the brownie mix combine the fudge brownie mix with walnut oil and canola oil, mix and bake.