Eggplant Roll Ups with Grilled Vegetable Salad
Grilled vegetable salad
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Take an eggplant, a squash, a red onion and scallions.
3) Make big slices of eggplant, and squash. Chop the scallions into long and make thick rings of red onion.
3) Keep all the cut vegetables in a big bowl and add salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss them well.
4) Heat the griller and add little olive oil. Put the cut vegetables on the griller.
5) Meanwhile, make homemade Dijon balsamic vinaigrette. Take a bowl and add Dijon mustard. Add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Add little salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture and add 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil. Continue whisking the mixture.
6) Take 1 head of romaine lettuce and chop it.
7) Keep the chopped lettuce in a big bowl and add the Dijon balsamic vinaigrette. Toss them well.
8) Cut the grilled vegetables (squash, onion, scallions and eggplant) finely and then add to the lettuce mixture.
9) Add little grated cheese over the salad.
10) Making eggplant rolls. Take the grilled eggplant slices, and take about half a tablespoon of the goat cheese and spread it on the surface of the eggplant. Gently roll the eggplant and place in the baking dish. Repeat for all the eggplant slices.
Heat a large sauté pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes, until the onions become translucent. Add the tomatoes and oregano and red pepper flakes. Simmer on medium-low until the tomatoes start to break down. Season with salt and taste.
11) Take the sauce and pour it over the eggplants. Top with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 15 about 15-20; just until the cheese has melted.
12) Serve the dish in a serving plate.