This is a simple but very elegant dish. The Caprese Salad has been a favorite of mine since I had my very first bite of it! I remember my mom making it when I was 15 and falling in love with it! Since then I have made the Caprese Salad all different types of ways! I hope you like this version!
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Pint (I Used Cherry Size)
Chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoon, rinsed
Extra virgin olive oil
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1) Start by taking the fresh mozzarella and cutting it into bite size pieces.
2) Once cut, place the mozzarella in a small bowl.
3) Clean the tomatoes and cut them into bite size pieces.
4) Add the tomatoes to the bowl with the mozzarella.
5) Roll the fresh basil leaves and give them a good chop.
6) Place the basil along with the olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper in the bowl.
7) Give all the ingredients a good toss.