With its bright tastes and crunchy textures, this is a crowd-pleaser. Just beware: it has to be eaten right away, so whatever you do, don’t add the dressing until just before you’re ready to serve.
1 Bunch (100 gm)
Mung bean sprouts
1⁄4 , thinly sliced (Green Or Savoy)
3 , sliced thinly on a diagonal
1 , grated
Fresh basil leaves
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed
Brown rice vinegar
4 Clove (20 gm)
Thai green curry paste
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (vegan style Without Shrimp Or Fish Sauce)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), lightly crushed
1. Combine the watercress, bean sprouts, cabbage, celery and carrot in a large bowl. Cover and keep aside.
2. Carefully peel the zest from the lime with a vegetable peeler, as thinly as possible, and place in a blender.
3. Squeeze the lime juice into the blender and add the basil, vinegar, flax oil, garlic, green curry and salt.
4. Process for about 1 minute, or until smooth.
5. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the vegetables in the bowl and toss.
6. Divide among 4 plates, top with the crushed cashews and serve at once.
A taste of Thai and summer in a bowl. It’s fresh, bright, crisp, flavorful and vegan. What a wonderful way to enjoy Thai curry without having to cook! A wonderful recipe to add to your repertoire of summer salads.