Shrimp and Pineapple Salad
|Fresh pineapple||1 Medium|
|Celery stalk||1 , diagonally sliced|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄4 Pound|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Wash pineapple well. Use a sharp knife to make quarters ( lengthwise) from the pineapple, while keeping the front intact.
2. Cut the pineapple meat from all quarters but do not cut shell. Remove the cores. Make thick slices of pineapple meat.
3. Drain the shells well and refrigerate.
4. Pare the cucumber and make winch-thick pieces. Cut each such piece in half.
5. Add celery and cucumber. Toss to mix well.
6. Peel the grapes and cut them into halves.
7. Add with shrimps and pineapple mixture. Toss so that the mixture combines well. Refrigerate for several hours keeping the bowl covered.
8. In a small bowl add salt, curry powder, mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice. Combine well. Refrigerate, keeping the bowl covered, untill ready to be used.
9. Add dressing and toss well.
10. Spoon in the pineapple shells to make high mounds.
11. Serve shrimp and pineapple salad garnished with watercress and parsley.
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.4 mg22.8%
Sodium 431.5 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 33.7 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 218.9%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet