Middle Eastern Tabouli
|Bulgur/Cracked wheat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Whole scallions||4 , sliced|
|Cooked garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl place bulgur. Pour this over boiling water.
2. Let it stand for 30 minutes so that the whole water gets absorbed.
3. Fluff grain with the help of a fork occasionally.
4. Cool bulgar. Add scallions, lemon juice, diced tomato, cooked garbanzo beans, parsley and oilive oil.
5. Toss well.
6. Cover and let the salad stand so that the flavors blend well.
7. Serve Middle Eastern Tabouli on romaine lettuce.