Summer Fruit Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
|For blue cheese dressing|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Herb dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (bottled)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh pears||3 , halved, cored|
|Blueberries||1 Pint (1 box)|
|Large strawberries||1 Pint, unhulled (1 box)|
|Crisp iceberg lettuce||1|
|Honeydew melon balls||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) Into a small bowl, add in the mayonnaise, herb dressing, blue cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Beat to combine all the ingredients.
2) Cover the bowl and chill till next use.
3) Dip the pear halves into a bowl of lemon juice.
4) Peel the oranges, pulling off their white membranes. Slice each of the orange into 6 crosswise slices.
5) Rinse and drain the blueberries and strawberries.
6) Place all the fruits in the refrigerator until it is time to assemble the salad.
7) Take 6 chilled salad plates. Line them with lettuce leaves.
8) Place the pear halves on the plate.
9) Add the blueberries carefully over the pear halves.
10) Around each of the plates, set 3 orange slices and 2/3 cup of melon balls.
11) Garnish the entire plate with strawberries.
12) Spoon the Blue Cheese Dressing over the fruit salad.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 323.1 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 236%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet