Apple and Walnut Salad
|Eating apples||1 Pound (crisp)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery head||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Quarter the apples but do not pare them. Neatly dice them and put in a bowl.
2) Add lemon juice and toss well in order to prevent discoloration.
3) Add the sugar and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and stir well.
4) Mix well till the apple pieces are well coated. Leave in a cool place till it is time to serve.
5) Right before serving time, add the remaining mayonnaise along with the celery and walnuts. Toss well.
6) In a bowl lined with lettuce leaves, if preferred, put the salad.
7) Serve the salad right away while it is still fresh and the ingredients are crunchy. Makes an excellent appetizer.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.3%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.5 mg9.8%
Sodium 196.7 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet