Apple And Walnut Salad
|Eating apples||1 Pound (crisp)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery head||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Quarter the apples but do not pare them. Neatly dice them and put in a bowl.
2) Add lemon juice and toss well in order to prevent discoloration.
3) Add the sugar and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and stir well.
4) Mix well till the apple pieces are well coated. Leave in a cool place till it is time to serve.
5) Right before serving time, add the remaining mayonnaise along with the celery and walnuts. Toss well.
6) In a bowl lined with lettuce leaves, if preferred, put the salad.
7) Serve the salad right away while it is still fresh and the ingredients are crunchy. Makes an excellent appetizer.