Marinated Lentil Salad
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Cayenne pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato wedges||4 (for garnish)|
|Olives||4 (for garnish)|
|Watercress sprigs/Parsley sprigs||4 (for garnish)|
1. Take a bowl, add lentils and water and soak it overnight. Or quickly-soak the lentils and drain out.
2. Take out a cup of lentils and add them to 2 cups of water.
3. Add ½ of the onion and a few cayenne flakes.
4. Cook at low heat for about 1 ½ hours, and cool.
5. Take a large pot and put remaining lentils.
6. Take a saucepan and add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute the remaining onions, and stir into lentils.
7. Stir in garlic and saute in the same oil for about 2 minutes, then stir it to the lentils.
8. Stir in salt, water, bay leaves to the lentils and cook on low heat for about 1 ½ hours until the lentils are soft and cool.
9. Blend the 2 lentil mixtures.
10. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, salt, and pepper, and allow the flavors to mix.
11. Spoon the dressing over the lentils, chill, and garnish.
12. Serve the marinated lentil salad over the lettuce greens.