Winter Salad Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen grapefruit juice concentrate||1 Can (10 oz), undiluted|
|Grapefruit sections||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced red apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crisp salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, add in cold water. Sprinkle gelatin into the water. Allow the gelatin to soften for a few minutes.
2) Cook the gelatin over a low flame till the gelatin has dissolved completely. Keep stirring constantly.
3) Take the pan off the flame. Pour in the grapefruit juice and add in ice cubes. Keep stirring till all the ice has dissolved.
4) Into the mixture, add in the grapefruit, celery and apple pieces.
5) Transfer the salad into a 1-quart mould. Place it in the refrigerator to set, for about 3 hours.
6) To unmould the Salad, loosen around the edges of the mould. Turn the mould over onto the serving platter.
7) You may place a hot cloth over the mould to help speeden the process. Shake the salad gently onto the platter.
8) Garnish the Winter Salad Mould with salad greens.