Our Best Perfection Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 envelopes)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 , dissolved in 1 1/2 cups boiling water|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tarragon wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Finely shredded green cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crisp salad greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Into a large bowl, add in salt, sugar and gelatine. Pour bouillon cube dissolved in hot, boiling water into the bowl. Stir till the gelatine has dissolved completely.
2) Add in vinegar, lemon juice and cold water into the gelatine mixture.
3) Cover and refrigerate the bowl for about 2 hours till it starts to resemble the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
4) Cook the peas and carrots as per their packet instructions. Drain the vegetables and refrigerate them till later.
5) Into the chilled gelatine mixture, fold in the peas, carrots, corn and cabbage.
6) Transfer the salad into a 1 1/2-quart mould or a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
7) Refrigerate the salad for about 4 hours till it sets completely.
8) To unmould the Salad, loosen around the edges of the mould. Turn the mould over onto the serving platter.
9) You may place a hot cloth over the mould to help speeden the process. Shake the salad gently onto the platter.
10) Garnish the Salad with the crispy greens.
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.87 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 562.3 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 138.7% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet