Molded Fruit And Ginger Salad
|Pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Orange pineapple flavored gelatin||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Frozen cantaloupe and honeydew melon balls||1 Pound, thawed, drained|
|Finely chopped crystallized ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Drain the pieces of pineapple, keeping aside 2/3 cup of the canned syrup.
2) Into a large bowl, add in 2 1/3 cups of boiling water over the gelatine.
3) Pour in 2/3 cup of the pineapple syrup.
4) Chill the bowl for 1 hour, till the mixture starts to resemble the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
5) Gently fold in the thawed and drianed cantaloupe and honeydew melon balls along with the chopped crystallized gineger.
6) Transfer the salad into a 4 1/2 cup mould.
7) Place the mould in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
8) To unmould the Salad, loosen around the edges of the mould. Turn the mould over onto the serving platter.
9) You may place a hot cloth over the mould to help speeden the process. Shake the salad gently onto the platter.
10) Garnish the Molded Fruit And Ginger Salad with chopped parsley.