Vitamin -A Salad
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apricot nectar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned apricots in juice||15 Ounce|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (As Needed)|
1) In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in hot water.
2) Squeeze juice of half lemon.
3) Peel and grate carrots.
4) Drain canned apricots and chop them into small pieces.
5) Add lemon juice and apricot nectar to gelatin and mix well.
6) Rinse the gelatin mold or aluminum bowl in cold water.
7) Add 1 cup of gelatin into the bottom of the mold and put cottage cheese into the gelatin.
8) Pour 1/2 cup more of gelatin on the cottage cheese and gelatin mixture. Refrigerate it.
9) Mix the carrots and apricots to the remaining gelatin.
10) On the refrigerated partially thickened gelatin mixture, put carrot-apricot mixture on top.
11) Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until set or overnight.
12) On a serving platter, place lettuce leaves and unmold the gelatin on it and serve.
Dip the mold or bowl into warm water at the sink, and then turn it over onto the serving platter.
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg1.3%
Sodium 223.8 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 110.2% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet