Avocado and Mozzarella Salads
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil/Sunflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Snipped mixed herbs||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1) To prepare the dressing, into a bowl, pour the oil and add the herbs, vinegar and seasoning to taste.
2) With a fork, beat the ingredients together till they are all well combined. Set the dressing aside.
3) Halve the avocados lengthwise and then twist the halves apart in order to pry out the seeds.
4) With your fingertips, grip the skin at the pointed ends and then peel it back to remove completely.
5) On an individual side plate, place each half, rounded-side up.
6) Use a sharp knife to cut slits crosswise in each half of the avocados.
7) Slice the mozzarella cheese thinly and slide the cheese slices into the avocado slits very gently.
8) Stir the dressing and pour it all over the salads.
9) Serve right away, while the salads are still fresh. These make a good appetizer.
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 464 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet