Tossed Salad with Avocado
|For the white wine french dressing:|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the salad:|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Large|
|Red onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large, peeled, pitted|
1) In a tight-lidded jar, add in the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salad oil, salt, pepper, sugar, mustard and garlic clove.
2) Shake the White Wine French Dressing vigourously. Refrigerate till serving time.
3) Wash and dry the lettuce leaves in a salad dryer or over a paper towel.
4) Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Transfer them into a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator.
5) Slice the onion and separate it into individual rings. Transfer the onion rings into a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator.
6) Into a chilled salad bowl, add in the lettuce leaves and onion rings.
7) Take the White Wine French Dressing from the refrigerator. Pull out the garlic clove and discard. Shake the dressing once more.
8) Pour about 3/4 of the dressing over the salad.
9) Sliced the pitted avocado into 6 pieces. Place them over the salad greens.
10) Drizzle the remaining dressing on top of the salad.
11) Gently toss the salad.
12) Serve immediately on individual chilled plates.
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 349.4 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 113.1% Vitamin C 38.8%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet