This time of year, the market is full of leafy greens, but sometimes it’s hard to figure out exactly what to do with them. Take kale for instance. You’re probably used to it braised or sauteed; but kale is also delicious raw if prepared the right way. So move over lettuce! We’ve got a recipe for a Tuscan Kale and Red Cabbage salad that’s crunchy, tangy, delicious, and really good for you!
For the salad
1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped thinly
1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced
2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
Red pepper flakes
Apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (as required)
1. Remove the thick stem of the kale and chop it finely. Keep aside.
2. To prepare the dressing, in a jar combine apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake it well.
3. Take a large bowl, put kale, red cabbage, onion, and hazelnuts.
4. Then, top it up with parmesan, and red pepper flakes. Keep it aside.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss it and allow it to set for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve the salad chill.
Hazelnuts go well with the tanginess of the salad, but you can always substitute it with anything you desire.
Easy Kale and Cabbage Salad is a fine demonstration of making a sumptuous green salad without any lettuce. Now that is creative thinking! It’s a perfect one if you don't have time to prepare it on time; prepare it in advance and it will taste even better. Watch this video for get the details of this fabulous recipe.