Easy Kale And Cabbage Salad
|For the salad|
|Lacinato kale||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped thinly|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Red onion||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and chopped|
|Parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
1. Remove the thick stem of the kale and chop it finely. Keep aside.
2. To prepare the dressing, in a jar combine apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Shake it well.
3. Take a large bowl, put kale, red cabbage, onion, and hazelnuts.
4. Then, top it up with parmesan, and red pepper flakes. Keep it aside.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss it and allow it to set for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve the salad chill.
Hazelnuts go well with the tanginess of the salad, but you can always substitute it with anything you desire.
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 365.8 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 165.4% Vitamin C 147%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet