Tropical Fruit Salad with Fresh Mint Dressing
|Kiwi||1 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Banana||1 Large, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks|
|Peaches||2 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Whole strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Slivered almonds||3 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (loosely packed)|
1) Cut pineapple in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving shells 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Keep aside.
2) Cut bite size pieces of pineapple and discard core.
3) In a large bowl, mix pineapple chunks, kiwi, banana, peaches, and strawberries and toss gently.
4) Pour the mixture into pineapple shells. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
5) To fresh mint dressing - In a small saucepan, mix sugar and water and bring to a boil. Stirring frequently. Turn off heat.
6) In an electric blender container finely chop sugar mixture and mint leaves.
7) Chill the mixture for 2 to 3 hours.
Serve salad with Fresh Mint Dressing.
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.2 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 90.7 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 277.6%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet