Carrot Orange Salad
|Carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs), coarsely grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (adjust to taste)|
|Orange juice||To Taste (as required)|
|Orange||1 , cut finely|
|Avocados||2 , quartered in their shell|
1) In a bowl, place carrots and add salt.
2) In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, sugar and add enough orange juice to cover the carrots.
3) Stream the orange juice mixture over the carrots.
4) Allow the mixture to soak for a few hours or cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
5) When ready to serve, pour off the orange juice.
6) Stir in the orange and serve on the quarters of avocado in their shell.
7) Serve cold over the bed of mixed lettuce if desired.
If avocados are out of season, use lettuce leaves.
Reserve the orange juice, in which the carrots were soaked, for drinking.