|New potatoes||2 Pound, boiled in jackets, cooled (small)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Eggs yolks||4 , hard-boiled|
|Chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (a little less)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced (optional)|
|Lettuce||3 (for garnish)|
|Olives||3 (for garnish)|
1) In a pot with salted water, place the new potatoes.
2) Heat to boil until the potatoes are tender.
3) Drain the potatoes and allow to cool completely.
4) In a bowl, place together cheese, egg yolks, chilli powder, salt and pepper.
5) Mash the cheese mixture and beat well with a wooden spoon.
6) Gently stream the olive oil little by little as in making mayonnaise.
7) Stream in the milk and lemon juice.
8) While still beating, mix in the minced onion, and season to taste.
9) Place the new potatoes in a serving bowl of plate.
10) Smear the potatoes with cheese sauce.
11) Serve cold or at room temperature and garnish with lettuce and olives.