Spinach and Cucumber Salad
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Almonds/Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar/Red wine vinegar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram/Dried oregano||1 Pinch|
1. Clean the spinach by washing it. Dry it thoroughly.
2. Cut the spinach stems and chop them coarsely. This makes 4 cups of spinach.
3. Take cucumbers, peel and dice them, and scrape their seeds.
4. Take a large bowl and add the diced cucumber along with celery, green and black olives, parsley, chopped spinach, and almonds or pine nuts.
5. Take another small bowl, and combine vinegar, salad oil, pepper, salt, marjoram and oregano. Spoon this mixture over the vegetables.
6. Toss the salad until nicely mixed.
7. Serve the spinach and cucumber salad with rice or other meat dish.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 602.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 229.8% Vitamin C 75%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet