Fruit and Chicken Salad
|New potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced into 3/4-inch pieces|
|Red eating apple||1|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Oranges||2 , peeled and segmented|
|Boneless chicken meat||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, skinned and diced|
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Boil the potatoes in salted water, reduce the heat and gently cook for about 15 minutes.
2) In the meantime, quarter, core and slice the apple.
3) In a large bowl, toss the apple with the lemon juice.
4) Add the orange pieces, including the juice, if any, and then add the chicken, mayonnaise, golden raisins, yogurt and chives. Stir well.
5) Add seasoning to taste.
6) Drain the boiled potatoes and put them in a warmed serving bowl.
7) Add the prepared chicken mixture and toss quickly to combine well. Sprinkle the chopped nut all over.
8) Serve the salad right away while it is still fresh. Makes a good appetizer. Can also be served as a side dish to steaks, etc.
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.3 mg17.1%
Sodium 666.4 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 86.5%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet