Tossed Mixed Green Salad
|Torn endive lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄2 , torn|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Torn leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced radishes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For crispy italian croutons|
|Pumpernickel bread slices||5|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned anchovies||2 Ounce, undrained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Canned marinated artichoke hearts||4 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained and sliced (1 Jar)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
1) Cut bread into 3/4-inch squares.
1) In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
2) Add bread and toss to coat.
3) On an ungreased baking sheet, spread the bread and bake at 300 degrees until crisp.
4) In a large bowl, layer first 5 ingredients. Cover the chill the mixture.
5) To make artichoke dressing- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients nicely.
6) Toss the salad well and top it with crispy Italian croutons and serve with artichoke dressing.
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.9 mg6.3%
Sodium 928.1 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet