Whole Wheat Macaroni Tuna Salad
|Uncooked whole wheat seashell macaroni||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Fresh broccoli||3⁄4 Pound|
|Tomato||1 Large, unpeeled and coarsely chopped|
|Green onions with tops||2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Canned water packed tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried whole basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano/1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Cook the macaroni, without salt, as per package directions.
2) Drain the macaroni and rinse with cold water.
3) Trim off the large outer leaves of the broccoli, and remove the stalk-€™s tough ends.
4) Wash and cut flowerets into bite-size pieces.
5) Thinly slice the stalks.
6) Steam the broccoli for 4 to 6 minutes, till crisp-tender. Allow to cool.
7) Combine the macaroni, broccoli, tomato, green onions, and tuna in a large bowl. Gently toss.
8) Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar.
9) Cover tightly, and vigorously shake.
10) Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss well to coat.
11) Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
12) Serve with freshly made garlic bread.
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 203.7 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 92.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet