|Leaf lettuce head||1 , torn into pieces|
|Sunflower oil/Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Stale white bread slices||6 , crusts removed and bread cut into squares (Each 1/2-Inch Thick)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Anchovy extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
1) Into a large wooden salad bowl, out the lettuce pieces. Set aside.
2) In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil and add the garlic. Cook gently for about 1 to 2 minutes, till the garlic is tender and lightly colored.
3) With the help of a slotted spoon, remove the cooked garlic and discard it.
4) Add the bread crumbs and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring to prevent any sticking, till the croutons are crisp and golden brown in color.
5) With the help of a slotted spoon, remove the croutons and leave them to drain on paper towels.
6) To make the dressing, put all the required ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Beat well together with a fork.
7) Over the lettuce, pour the dressing and toss well. Add the Parmesan cheese and croutons and toss once again.
8) Add the egg to the salad immediately and toss well.
9) Serve the freshly-made salad right away. Can be served as an appetizer or even an accompaniment to broiled chicken or meat.