Salmon Salad Cups
|Canned salmon||3 3⁄4 Ounce, drained and mashed (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely snipped chives||2 Teaspoon (Use Fresh)|
|Cucumber piece||2 Inch, diced into small pieces|
|Sweet paprika||To Taste|
1) Cut the lemons decoratively and squeeze the juice into a pitcher. Ensure that the skins are not damaged.
2) With a grapefruit knife or a sharp spoon, remove the pitch, leaving the insides of all the 4 lemon halves smooth and clean.
3) Off the base of the lemons, cut a thin slice so that each cup will later stand upright.
4) Into a bowl, pour the cream and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Whip till the cream is stiff enough to stand in peaks.
5) Into the cream, fold the salmon along with most of the chives. Add seasoning of salt and pepper to taste.
6) Into the lemon cups, spoon the diced cucumber.
7) Pile the salmon mixture on top with sprinkle with some paprika and the reserved chives.
8) Chill in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
9) Transfer the cups to side plates garnished with cucumber slices and lettuce leaves. Serve while the salad is still chilled and fresh. Makes a good appetizer.
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.7 mg15.9%
Sodium 234.6 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet