Layered Spinach Lettuce Salad
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound, torn into bite-size pieces|
|Iceberg lettuce head||2 Small, torn into bite-size pieces|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned english peas||17 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green onions||10 , chopped|
|Hard-cooked eggs||6 , sliced|
|Bacon||1 Pound, cooked &crumbled|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Buttermilk salad dressing mix||1⁄3 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Take a large salad bowl and line with spinach, lettuce, celery, peas, onions and eggs.
2) Combine all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
3) Spread mixture on top of salad. Seal around the edges of bowl.
4) Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5) Serve the salad with warm bread slices, if desired.