Chickpea and Orange Salad
|Leftover cooked lamb||4 Ounce, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Stoned black olives||2 Ounce|
|Canned chickpeas||8 Ounce, drained|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|For the dressing|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take four of the oranges and peel them. Remove their pith and chop up the flesh. Slice the remaining one orange thin.
2) Slice a few of the stoned olives while keeping the remaining whole.
3) Rinse the drained chickpeas under cold water. Drain.
4) Take the serving dish and arrange a layer of chopped oranges in the bottom.
5) Follow this with a layer of chickpeas, chopped onions and cooked lamb strips.
6) Garnish the salad with whole olives, slices of orange and a sprig of parsley.
7) For the salad dressing, in a bowl mix together lemon juice, orange juice, salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil.
8) Pour the dressing over the salad. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.