Creamy Low Fat Potato Salad
|Tiny new potatoes||20 Ounce|
|Plain low fat yogurt/Non fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese/No fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves||5 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Rinse and scrub potatoes but do not peel.
2) In a pot, place the potatoes and cover with water.
3) Put the lid on and heat to boil potatoes for 18 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
5) Peel and cut the potatoes into half or quarters, depending on the size.
6) In a food processor place together yogurt, cottage cheese and cumin and process until mixture is smooth.
7) Add the potatoes with dressing and stir well.
8) Dredge the yogurt mixture with cilantro and black pepper to taste.
9) Pile the yogurt-potatoes mixture over the serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
10) Serve at room temperature or cold if desired.
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6 mg2%
Sodium 180.1 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet