Celery and Crispy Chicken Salad
|Oven ready chicken||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, cleaned and trimmed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery stick||1 , trimmed|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Transfer the chicken into a large saucepan. Add in enough cold water. Add in the peeled onion along with salt and pepper.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil. Remove any scum from the top of the surface. Cover and cook on simmer for about 60 minutes.
3) Cut the celery stalks into 2-inch pieces. Add in the celery trimming while making stock, if desired.
4) Take the chicken out from the stock. Let the stock come to a boil. Add in the celery and let blanch for 2 minutes. Take the celery out, drain and transfer to a serving dish.
5) Slice the chicken into equal pieces. Throw away any skin or bone.
6) Add the chicken to the serving dish as well. Toss the chicken and celery lightly.
7) Mix in soy sauce, oil and sugar in a bowl. When the sugar has dissolved, spoon the dressing over the warm chicken. Allow to cool. Toss well.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 847 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 4% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet