Healthy Whole-wheat Pasta Salad with Yogurt Dressing
|Whole wheat pasta||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Red pepper||1 Large, deseeded and diced|
|Walnut pieces||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Boil salted water in a large pan and add pasta, cook for about 8-10 minutes until they turn soft.
2. Drain them quickly and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking and cool them by spreading over a large dish.
3. Trim the watercress; process it in food processor, along with yogurt until the mixture turns creamy and smooth.
4. Spoon the yogurt dressing over cooked pasta and add walnut pieces and prepared red pepper.
5. Season the mixture before serving.
6. Serve the creamy pasta salad during picnics and family get-togethers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1137 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.4%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.2 mg10.4%
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.2 g108.6%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 43 g85.8%
Vitamin A 147.7% Vitamin C 342.7%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet