Peach Party Salad
|Orange flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||15 1⁄4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Peaches||28 Ounce, sliced and drained (1 Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Miniature marshmallows||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (1/2 Cup)|
1. In a pan boil water, dissolve gelatin in it and set aside.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice and set pineapple aside.
3. Add enough water to juice to make 1 cup.
4. To the gelatin mixture add 3/4 cup of juice mixture and chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
5. Set remaining 1/4 cup of juice mixture aside.
6. Lightly oil a 12- x 8- x 2-inch dish and arrange peach slices in it.
7. Pour gelatin mixture over peaches and chill mixture until almost firm.
8. In a small saucepan combine egg, sugar, flour, butter and remaining 1/4 cup of juice mixture.
9. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened and let it cool.
10. In a bowl combine pineapple, whipped cream, marshmallows and cheese and fold in egg mixture.
11. Spread evenly over salad, cover and chill overnight.
12. Serve the salad as an after meal dessert or as desired.