Leek and Mushroom Salad
|Leeks||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices|
|Sliced mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Boil a saucepan of salted water and add the leeks. Simmer gently for about 5 minutes, till just soft.
2) In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Into a crew-top jar, pour the vinegar and oil and add seasoning to taste.
3) Drain the leeks and leave them to cool.
4) Put the leeks in a bowl along with the mushrooms. Shake the dressing to mix well and pour all over the vegetables. Toss well and then cover the preparation and leave it to marinate for at least 60 minutes.
5) In the meantime, make the bread crumb topping. In a skillet, heat the oil and butter and add the bread crumbs. Cook, stirring, till crisp and golden in color. Let the topping cool.
6) Into individual bowls, turn the marinated leeks and mushrooms and sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Serve while the topping is still hot and the salad is fresh. Makes a good appetizer.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 162 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet