Low Fat Potato And Cucumber Salad
|Tiny new potatoes||12 Ounce, scrubbed and washed|
|Kirby cucumber/1/2 small regular||1 Small|
|Plain low fat yogurt/Nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Minced red onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
1) Rinse and scrub Kirby cucumber or peel regular cucumber.
2) Cut the cucumber into small cubes.
3) In a medium pot, place the potatoes and cover with water.
4) Put the lid on and heat to boil for 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
5) Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
6) Peel and cut the potatoes into half or quarters, depending on the size.
7) In a bowl, place together yogurt, vinegar, mustard, cumin, coriander and pepper.
8) Using whisk, beat the yogurt mixture until mixed well.
9) Add cucumber, onion and potatoes to the yogurt mixture and fold well.
10) Pile the yogurt-potatoes mixture over the serving plate and garnish with coriander.
11) Serve at room temperature or cold if desired.