Poached Salmon Salad
|Tomato||1 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Ripe avocado||1 Small, pitted, peeled and diced|
|Diced onion||1⁄4 Small, vidalia when possible|
|Black olives||6 , pitted|
|Salmon fillet||2 , poached and cut into 1 inch strips|
|Lime dill dressing||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash thoroughly and pat dry the endive leaves.
2. In a wooden chopping bowl, chop tomato, avocado, onion, and olives together.
3. Poach salmon and allow it to come to room temperature.
4. In a salad bowl, arrange endive leaves in a daisy formation in a round.
5. Add chopped tomato mixture to form the center of the daisy.
6. In each of the endive leaves, place the strips of salmon.
7. Dot the strips artistically with Lime Dill Dressing.
8. Serve the salad at once.
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg13.2%
Sodium 199.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet