Seared Trout Fillets With Warm Salad Nicoise
|Red chili||1 Small|
|Trout fillets||2 (With Skin On)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Small new potatoes||5 Ounce|
|Cauliflower florets||5 Ounce|
|Green beans||3 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black olives||5 , pitted|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lime slices||3 (For Garnish)|
1. Chop the chilli, discarding the seeds and rub over the trout fillets with the lime juice. Leave to marinate.
2. Cut the potatoes in half. Put in a saucepan of cold salted water, cover, bring
to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
3. Trim the cauliflower florets, tail the beans and cut in half. Roughly dice the tomatoes. Add the cauliflower and beans to the saucepan of potatoes and continue to cook until just tender. Add the tomatoes and return to the boil, then drain.
4. In a frying pan, put the hazelnuts and dry-fry until lightly toasted. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and put into a bowl. Pour over the lemon juice, add the hazelnut oil, salt and pepper and whisk together.
5. Heat a griddle pan. Cook the trout on the griddle, season with salt and pepper and fry for 2 minutes on each side until cooked.
6. Drain the vegetables and, while still warm, pour over half of the dressing. Cut the olives in half and mix into the warm salad.
7. In the centre of warmed serving plates, serve the trout, surrounded by the warm salad. Pour the remaining hazelnut vinaigrette on top of the fish and garnish with lime slices.