Vegetable Rice Salad With Parmesan Dressing
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper/Sliced (ready cut) - 1 cup bell pepper||5 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Fresh basil/Dried basil - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon (Or Non Fat)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Wash the cucumber and slice them without peeling.
2) Dice the pepper coarsely.
3) wash the scallions and trim and slice them.
4) Grate the cheese coarsely.
5) Wash the rice under running water.
6) In a saucepan, place water and rice.
7) Boil the rice.
8) Cover the pan, simmer the rice for 17 minutes until water has been absorbed.
9) Combine cheese with oil, basil, yogurt, vinegar, mustard and black pepper.
10) Mix everything well and add cucumber, pepper and scallions.
11) Combine cooked rice with veggies and dressing.
12) Serve the vegetable and rice salad as side dish.