Vegetable Rice Salad with Parmesan Dressing
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper/Sliced (ready cut) - 1 cup bell pepper||5 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Fresh basil/Dried basil - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon (Or Non Fat)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Wash the cucumber and slice them without peeling.
2) Dice the pepper coarsely.
3) wash the scallions and trim and slice them.
4) Grate the cheese coarsely.
5) Wash the rice under running water.
6) In a saucepan, place water and rice.
7) Boil the rice.
8) Cover the pan, simmer the rice for 17 minutes until water has been absorbed.
9) Combine cheese with oil, basil, yogurt, vinegar, mustard and black pepper.
10) Mix everything well and add cucumber, pepper and scallions.
11) Combine cooked rice with veggies and dressing.
12) Serve the vegetable and rice salad as side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.9%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg6.3%
Sodium 435.7 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 102.4% Vitamin C 313.3%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet