Garbanzo and Green Olive Salad
|Canned garbanzos||2 Pound, chilled (2 Cans Of 1 Pound Each)|
|Spanish olives with pimiento/Pimiento-stuffed spanish olives||6 Ounce, chopped (1 Jar, 1 Cup)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced / mashed|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive salad/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves/Romaine leaves||4|
|Cherry tomatoes/2 large tomatoes, peeled and cut in wedges||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
1. Wash and clean olives in a wire strainer and drain thoroughly.
2. Slice olives and keep in a bowl.
3. Drain garbanzos.
4. Add garbanzos to olives. Add onion, celery, garlic, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cayenne.
5. Drizzle oil over it and mix lightly until well coated.
6. Arrange lettuce leaves in salad bowl.
7. Transfer salad on the leaves.
8. Garnish with tomatoes and serve immediately.
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1324 mg55.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.4%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet