Turkey Rice Salad
|Brown rice||4 Ounce (About 1/2 Cup)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Pound, trimmed|
|Cooked turkey breast||3⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red tipped leaf lettuce leaves||8|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
|For tarragon mustard vinaigrette|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1) Take a medium size saucepan to combine brown rice with water and salt in it. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 25 minutes. Add white rice and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Place cooked rice in a large bowl and let stand for about 30 minutes.
2) FOR THE TARRAGON MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE: Take a jar with a tight-fitting lid and combine together vinegar, oil, tarragon, mustard, pepper and garlic in it. Cover and shake nicely. Set aside.
3) Take a large pot and place green beans in it. Cover the green beans with water and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4) Drain beans in a colander. Place green beans under cold water and drain nicely. Transfer beans to a medium-size bowl.
5) Add 2 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat the beans evenly.
6) Take a large bowl and combine together turkey, rice, mushrooms, chopped parsley, carrots and the remaining dressing in it.
7) Take a serving platter and arrange lettuce leaves on it. Spoon out prepared salad on it. Garnish with green beans and parsley sprigs. Serve immediately.