Molded Beet Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned beets||16 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and peeled|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions with tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. In a bowl take cold water and soften gelatin in it.
2. In a blender jar add beets and liquid in can with vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper, and whirl until smooth.
3. Transfer the content into a pan and boil.
4. Mix softened gelatin to the hot beet mixture and stir until dissolved.
5. Let stand until cold and partially set.
6. Add chopped celery, cucumber, and green onion.
7. Spoon into 6-cup mold and chill until set.
8. Line a serving plate with bed of chopped cabbage and cover with simple mayonnaise or sour cream dressing.
9. Spoon the beat mixture over it.
10. Garnish with cucumber slices.