Curried Chicken Salad
|Precooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned chicken||6 Ounce, boned, cubed, cooked (1 Can)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light cream/Table cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a small saucepan, cook rice, according label directions.
2) Allow to cool to room temperature.
3) In a medium bowl, mix together apple, chicken, almonds, and onion.
4) In a cup, mix mayonnaise or salad dressing, cream, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and sugar.
5) Fold the cream mixture into rice mixture.
6) Refrigerate the mixture until chill.
7) When ready to serve, garnish with sliced red apple, if desired.