Mock Potato Salad
|Sugar substitute||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Packet)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dill pickle||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery with leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||4 , hardboiled|
1. Pare the rutabaga and slice it into 4 pieces.
2. In a pan of boiling water, add rutabaga and boil for about 1/2 hour or until tender.
3. Drain it well.
4. Allow it to cool.
4. Once it has cooled, dice it to fill about 2 1/2 cups.
5. In a salad bowl, place the rutabaga as the base.
6. Top it with sugar substitute and lemon juice.
7. Then, add scallions, pickle, celery, salt, paprika, and mayonnaise and toss until well combined.
8. Lastly, fold in eggs.
9. Chill before serving.