Bacon Wilted Lettuce Salad
|Head of lettuce||1 Medium|
|Green onion with tops||2 , thinly sliced|
|Bacon drippings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Dash|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
1. In a pan, cook bacon.
2. After removing from flame, crumble it. Keep aside ¼ of the drippings for the dressing.
3. In a salad bowl, cut lettuce and add it to the onions.
4. In a pan, take bacon drippings and heat it. Pour it over salad.
5. Take two cups of glass to measure a mixture of sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and place it in a microwave dish. Microwave on high until mixture boils for one minute.
6. Remove from flame and add sugar. Stir it till it dissolves.
7. Pour the above liquid over salad greens, mixing it well until it is evenly coated with dressing. Serve Wilted Lettuce Salad garnished with bacon and eggs.