|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Salt/Salt substitute||To Taste|
|Couscous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 , ripped, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Green onion||1 , trimmed and chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Pignoli nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), lightly toasted (pine nuts)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Take a saucepan and mix water, oil, red pepper flakes and salt or salt substitute.
2) Bring them to boil on medium heat.
3) Add couscous and cover the saucepan.
4) Mix them well and remove from the heat.
5) Add the lemon juice, parsley, mint, tomato, green onion, pine nuts and pepper.
6) Mix them well.
7) Serve the salad either chilled or at room temperature.