|Celery head||1 Small, washed and trimmed|
|Oranges||2 Large, 1/2 rind grated|
|Chicory||8 Ounce, washed and trimmed (225 gram / 1/2 pound)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed|
|French mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter / 2/3 cup)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (3 tablespoons)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. For the dressing, put all the ingredients together in a screw-topped jar with the orange rind and juices and shake well.
2. Cut the celery into very fine matchsticks and soak in iced water for at least 1 hour until curled.
3. Peel and cut the oranges so that only the segments between the membranes are left to use.
4. In a bowl put the segments with any leftover juice.
5. Cut the chicory into diagonal slices and toss with lemon juice.
7. In a bowl add celery curls, orange segments and the watercress toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.8 mg6.6%
Sodium 163.9 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 89.7% Vitamin C 134.9%
Calcium 17% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet