Chicken Or Turkey Salad Elegant
|Cooked chicken/Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1 Can (10 oz), drained, sliced|
|Mandarin orange sections||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Green grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved, seeded|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), blanched, chilled|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted, slivered|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably blender made)|
|Unpeeled lemon||1 , thin sliced, quartered|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (without stems)|
|Whipped cream/Dessert topping||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, mix in chicken or turkey, water chestnuts, mandarin orange sections, green grapes along with 1/4 cup almonds.
2) Mix well and let the mixture chill.
3) Use the Grate blade to blend the rice, mayonnaise, lemon, parsley, salt and curry powder. Blend for about 30 seconds till it becomes smooth.
4) Add the blend into the chilled salad mixture.
5) Gently fold in the whipped cream or dessert filling.
6) Serve the Chicken Or Turkey Salad Elegant over salad greens.
7) Sprinkle the reserved almonds on top.