Green Gage Plum Salad
|Greengage plums||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), slivered, toasted|
|Crisp lettuce cups||3 (for garnish)|
1) Drain the juice of the plums. Add in as much water required to the plum juice to make 2 cups of liquid.
2) In a saucepan, add in the 2 cups of liquid. Let it boil.
3) Pour the boiling liquid over a bowl of gelatin.
4) Add in lemon juice and salt. Stir well to dissolve the ingredients.
5) Let the mixture cool down till it has thickened.
6) Take 6 baking cups or individual moulds. Pour 2 tablespoons of gelatin into the cups or moulds. Let chill till it firms.
7) Take the remaining gelatin and chill it till it becomes syrupy.
8) Meanwhile, chop the plums after removing the pits. Fold in the plums along with the almonds into the gelatin. Chill till it firms.
9) Serve the Green Gage Plum Salad in decorative lettuce leaves. Drizzle the dressing over it.
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 243.2 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet