Frozen Fruit Salad
|Fruit cocktail||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Miniature marshmallows||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole maraschino cherries||16|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, cubed (1 packet, Room-Temperature)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (preferably blender made)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unpeeled orange||1 , thin slice, quartered|
|Whipped cream/Dessert topping||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red food color||1 (as desired)|
1) Into a mixing bowl, add in the fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks, marshmallows, cherries and pecans.
2) Mix the ingredients well and chill the bowl.
3) Into the blender, add in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sugar and orange. Using the Blend blade, blend for about 10 seconds. Pour the blend over the fruit mixture.
4) Gently fold in the whipped cream or dessert topping. Add in a little food colouring if desired.
5) Transfer the fruit mixture into a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan, lined with aluminium foil. Freeze the mixture.
6) Once frozen, unmould the fruit salad onto the serving plate. Slice into individual slabs.
7) The Chilled Fruit Salad can be served over salad greens accompanied by blender-made mayonnaise.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4688 Calories from Fat 3288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 370 g570%
Saturated Fat 161.8 g808.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 990.9 mg330.3%
Sodium 1480.9 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 235.5 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 76.8% Vitamin C 179%
Calcium 64.5% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet