Cheese And Broccoli Salad With Basil Dressing
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, cut into 1x1/4-inch sticks|
|Broccoli flowerets||4 Ounce, blanched (2 cups)|
|Silvered toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped, ripped in brine (12 large ones)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||8|
|Arugula/Watercress||4 Ounce, trimmed of large stems (1 bunch)|
|Sweet red peppers/Pimiento - 1 jar (7 ounces) , drained and cut into strips, for garnish||2 , roasted , cut into strips|
1) For making the basil dressing, mix the oil, basil, vinegar, garlic and pepper in a large bowl.
2) Put the cheddar cheese, almonds, broccoli along with black olives to the dressing.
3) Toss all the ingredients well.
4) Take the serving plate and arrange romaine leaves along with watercress.
5) Add the cheese salad over the lettuce and garnish it with roasted red pepper strips.