Warm Spinach Salad
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spinach||2 Pound, boiled and shredded|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Restaurant style)|
1. In a deep skillet, place bacon and saute on a medium flame till evenly brown in colour. Carefully remove on to a plate, crumble and keep aside. Do not discrd bacon fat.
2. Place 2 tablespoons fat in same skillet and add vingear, suagr. salt and water. Mix well and gently heat.
3. Remove from flame and keep aside.
4. In a salad bowl, combine spinach, bacon and prepard dressing. Toss gently.
4. Top with croutons and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg4.6%
Sodium 3123.8 mg130.2%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g86%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 33 g66.4%
Vitamin A 1701.2% Vitamin C 424.8%
Calcium 92.6% Iron 144.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet